Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Oops!  I did it again!!

Yes, I believe a Britney Spears quote is always a good way to start a blog, don't you?  However, I did!  I did it again!!  I barked at one of the boys this morning, had myself a regular little three year old tantrum, and felt like Ogre the Great shuffling everyone into the car.  And the truth is, it's all on me.  I allowed myself a whopping four hours of sleep last night, woke up late this morning, and tried to squeeze an hour of peaceful preparations into thirty minutes of crunch time.  Not fun for anyone.  Great!  Now I'm going to have to make cinnamon buns or something after school to prove to myself I'm a decent mom.  Oh the things we do sometimes.  He'll still love me, right??

It's okay to be angry, it's how you behave when you are that makes the difference.

I tell the boys this constantly.  Maybe I need a plaque so I can see the reminder myself.    I know why I yelled, lack of sleep. I know what I've got to do......put on my big girl panties and accept it, ask forgiveness, and get on with my day.  I won't be a good mommy sleepy or guilt ridden. 

What do you do when you're having a bad day?  Part of me is thankful the boys are at school right now, providing me with plenty of time to chill out and get back on track without them having to deal with me.  The other part of me wants to get him home and smother him with a hug.  Do we have any Zen Mom's out there to offer up advice us?

No comments:

Post a Comment