Tuesday, November 8, 2011

I ate a frog for breakfast!

     I ate a frog for breakfast because Tsh Oxenreider (pronounced Tish) over at Simple Mom - Life hacks for home managers  told me to!  She is the author of the e-book called One Bite at a Time - 52 projects for making life simpler.

   No, I'm not being paid to talk about this book.  My blog is about motherhood and trying to enjoy every last ounce of it.  That is why I was so excited when I found this book.  It's downloadable and I put it right on my favorite shelf - my Nook!

      So, did I eat a frog?? Why, yes! Yes, I did!! One of the first things I read was a quote she had by Mark Twain, which said, "Eat a live frog first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.”

      So, take your least favorite chore, least favorite horrible, awful, foul thing you have to do each day and just get it over with! Eat your frog! Then, everything else on your plate just doesn't seem that bad.

     Her book has 52 projects or habits designed to help bring you to an organized, yet simple daily life.  You don't do them all at once or even in any particular order.  You do them in your own time.  You can choose one a week and give yourself a year.  Nobody says you have to be perfect starting tomorrow!

     Tsh is also a really great blogger and I know you'll love her website.  I do hope you'll check her out and let me know what you think about her site or if you've read anything by her already.  God bless!

    

286 by TJoy71
286, a photo by TJoy71 on Flickr.

2 comments:

  1. Ok, I had to read that a few times. I thought you really ate a frog. But getting your least favorite thing out of the way each day is a great idea! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got your attention though! No, I would never actually have a frog anywhere near me if I could avoid it!

    ReplyDelete